- Fire-safe, uses no fossil fuel only the free energy of the sun
- Cooking surface remains solidly in place while the four "petals" of the reflector move around it for High or Low sun
- Durable -- Metalized polyester and poly-carbonate materials will not oxidize, should last 5 years in the sun
- Perfect for camping, boating, emergency preparedness or keeping the heat out of the kitchen on a hot day
- Made in the United States
This NEW and IMPROVED design outperforms other cookers hands down! It heats water 40% faster than other panel or box cookers. It’s perfect for camping, boating, emergency preparedness or keeping the heat out of the kitchen on a hot day. The Haines Solar Cooker is affordable and very portable. It cooks like an oven up to 210-325ºF but solar-cooked food almost never burns. It is healthy because cooking at a low temperature preserves nutrients. Potatoes and vegetables cook without water. It saves electricity and gas and will pasteurize water. The Cooker 2.0 includes: REFLECTOR — Made from MPET (metalized polyester foam) material. The MPET material has the right combination of flexibility and stiffness to hold its shape, even in breezy conditions. Cooking surface remains solidly in place while the four “petals” of the reflector move around it for High or Low sun. The sides of the reflector are “double angle,” which greatly increases its cooking power. / COOKING SLEEVE — Insulates the cooking pot, eliminating cooking bags. / CIRCULAR WINDSCREEN — Creates “oven-like” conditions around the pot. / Dutch Oven – 4-quart round pot, black on the outside and a top rim and no handles that best meets heating requirements of Cooker.